I am very excited for you. If you have been following me for a bit then you know this last year I've been mixing things up at Earrings and Stuff. From Silversmithing to Social Media Management for other businesses to enrolling in an online academy which has been worth every penny btw; this year has provided a lot of growth in my career and personal life. Check out my what came true on my vision board from last year, what didn't come true and what 2019 has in store for me!
BUSINESS --> 3 things that came TRUE!!!
1. #1 goal collab & networking --> ended up being involved in some amazing photoshoots this past year and attended some fabulous networking events.
2. Be transparent | Real life vs Polished --> Started showing up on stories was more and was in real life with no make-up most of the time.. lol
3. Land Social Media Clients --> I ended up getting 6! (insert happy dance)
PERSONAL --> 3 things that came TRUE!
1. Travel --> We were lucky enough this year to take Ethan on his first plane ride down to Tulum, Mexico to see one of best friends marry her sweetheart. We also headed up to wine country in the summer with our best friends and kids which we decided will now be an annual trip.
2. Girls Nights! --> Give me all the girl time! Honestly, girlfriends really are the best therapy. I do not know what I would do without the support system. As for the girls night we did one better and all went to Palm Springs together, it was EPIC!! I also had a girls night away with another set of besties to whistler. You best believe that is going on my board again!
3. Cook, cook, cook --> This year we started doing Fresh Prep a meal delivery service which you cook yourself. I was finding it so hard to think of meals all the time since being on Maternity leave and this has helped immensely. If you have Fresh Prep or something in your town it is a definite must! it is a bit pricier than buying groceries and cooking from scratch but cheaper than eating out and healthier!
Yes, it is great to talk about the wins but it is also good to look at where you fell short so you can adjust and make it happen!
Here are a few things I wrote down on the Business side that haven't come true YET
1. Get my jewelry in retail stores --> nope didn't try so there's that...lol
2. Create a summer 2018 capsule collection --> I did make a lot of pieces this past year but definitely not a collection in its entirety.
3. Blogging --> Well, I did start off trying to stay on track with the blog side of my business but I fell short. Not posting nearly enough. How will I fix that for this year? I have a content strategy in place so I believe I am already set up for success on that end!
So for 2019 well I’m not into necessarily making resolutions more goal setting, these are the main things on my board!
Business --> all the same things as last year because they are still very important for my career development
Here are 3 new things!
1. Growing my email list --> I slowly started working on this for last month but now that I have a strategy in place WATCH OUT! #girlwithaplan
2. Financial Security --> I want to solely live off of everything made from working at home. (insert happy dance)
3. Build a bigger product line --> I have been thinking about this for a while and this is my year to take action on it. I will be starting with clutches, I already have the designs and fabrics in my head. My friend Magda will be helping me out with this one as she loves to sew, I can't wait to see what we come up with! I also want to bring in Jewelry travel cases as this is always a pain point when I travel!
Personal --> same as last year for sure as all those visions will always be what I strive for every year no matter what! Honestly, what more can you ask for in life other than travel, girl time & cooking? Oh yah Family of course, but that goes without saying!
Here are 3 new things!
1. Barre 3 x a week... NO MATTER WHAT! The last few months and the main thing that has taken the back seat has been my body! I definitely have extra padding, lol around my hips and butt, so now is the time to get my body intact post baby!
2. PODCASTS!!! I want to stay on top of this one. While I LOVE listening to music when I'm out and about baby free aka walking to work instead I will be tuning into my faves whether it is business related or reality TV-related (hello Juicy Scoop with Heather MacDonald.. my favorite) I'm jacked!
3. More DATE nights --> Yes, more one on one time with my partner in everything Geoffrey! Since having Ethan our date nights have pretty much stopped and that's not good for anyone. This is a big priority, we need to start hiring a babysitter at least once a month so we can connect outside the house!
I would love to know what you have planned for the next year or hits and misses from last year! I am far from perfect and a work in progress! Comment below I would love to know who is with me on this journey!
EARRINGS AND STUFF